Admiral Financial Services (AFSL) is an exciting, new division of Admiral Group. We have the freedom and innovation of a small start up with the security of a large parent company, Admiral.
The journey started when we launched unsecured personal loans in June 2017. We went on to be the first direct to consumer car finance provider in December 2017. Since then, we have gone from strength to strength and have some exciting plans for the future.
We’re looking for people who are keen to learn, excited about getting stuck in and are ready for a challenge to help us to achieve our aim of creating a special lending business for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer within AFSL your role will be to design, build and test cutting edge components that utilise the latest in cloud infrastructure, services, and container orchestration.
You will be working in an informal, fun environment with some of the brightest minds around! We’re working on new and exciting projects every day, unencumbered by legacy technology.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high performance, maintainable code
- Developing and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Mentoring Engineers
- Supporting test and deployment of new products and features
- Participating in code reviews, retros and demos
- Expertise in the development of containerised microservices
- Experience with Agile, scrum & cross-functional teams
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for the quality, maintainability, and security of your code
- Experience working with alternate cloud platforms such as GCP
- Writing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Development expertise in multiple languages including Python, Go and Java
- Our technology stack makes use of:
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company. We have forward-thinking approaches and provide endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a Best Place to Work: our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion have created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, feel valued.
Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into a multi-national organisation. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now present in eight countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open, and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas:
Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.