JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Analyst, Research & Planning
Department: Sales & Marketing EMEA – Digital Growth & Business Planning
Reporting to: Head of Digital Growth & Business Planning
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including best-selling franchises Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry and Mega Man. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S.A, U.K, Germany, France, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan where our corporate headquarters are located.
Main Purpose of Job
Deliver and maintain high-quality data provision and market insight for the EMEA Sales & Marketing team. The Analyst, Research & Planning must also work with Capcom USA and Japan offices to ensure a consistent approach to data across regions.
Core functions include, but are not limited to: market research, social media analysis, and product strategy.
The role requires a driven candidate with a proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external), and a keen attention to detail.
• Co-ordinate social media analysis with USA office. Consolidate findings and contribute to pan-Western social marketing strategy.
• Collate and analyse social media data for all Capcom titles. Create monthly reports for PR, community and marketing teams.
• Review the impact of Capcom marketing campaigns and provide ROI assessments where necessary.
• Primary agency contact for day-to-day management of market research projects
• Brief agencies on potential market research projects; synchronise with CUSA/CJ research teams, with support from Research & Planning Manager
• Draft questionnaires for consumer-facing web surveys
• Present market research findings to internal and global teams.
• Forecast new products utilising market benchmarks.
• Model out sales trends for new and existing titles, based on changing market conditions and historic sales data.
• Provide feedback to development teams on DLC products and SKU strategy.
• Assess and plan potential post-launch business models, in support of Research & Planning Manager.
• Compare sales performance against budgeted targets and forecasts.
• Evaluate potential market research tools on an ongoing basis.
• Integrate new business insights tools into existing process.
• Assist creation of business reports for senior management - including state-of-market summaries, sales performance and market comparisons.
• Ad hoc data collection, report production and support for internal stakeholders.
• Build relationships with Capcom counterparts in US/Japan and European market data partners.
• Perform additional duties where required.
Integrity & Ethics
• Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
• Ability to work across job levels and cultures.
• Strives to understand the customer context and acts to promote good working relationships.
• Willing to meet internal and external customer expectations.
• Educated to degree level, ideally in a subject demonstrating critical thinking, or similarly qualified by experience and ability.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with demonstrable understanding of market research standards and ability to communicate project outcomes to a range of different stakeholders.
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrable numeracy skills essential.
• Proven ability to think creatively when approaching new tasks or projects.
• Experience or knowledge of data management & visualization in Tableau.
• A critical thinker, with demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Video Games market is a plus.
• Able to work on multiple, simultaneous projects and to work to tight deadlines.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Proactive and can-do approach essential.
• Detail-orientated, organised and passionate about delivering consistently high levels of service.
• Keen attention to detail and process.
Job Specific Competencies:
Data-Centric Analytical Experience
• Experienced in gathering data from a range of varied data sources to provide analysis with actionable outcomes.
• Committed to improving efficiency of existing data processes.
• Takes ownership of assigned tasks.
• Works with others across all levels and divisions of the organisation.
• Collaborative attitude, able to provide a supportive and helpful approach.
• Effectively elicits information through objective and active listening.
• Good verbal and written skills, able to communicate findings clearly.
• An effective communicator with a diplomatic approach, capable of liaising with staff at all levels.
• Informed of key industry trends & standards, at commercial and product level.
• Able to prioritise requests and set stakeholder expectations.
• Takes personal accountability to achieve own goals, tasks and objectives.
Contract Type: Permanent
Mid-year and End of Year Performance Reviews
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.capcom-europe.com